Wednesday, November 09, 2011

movember.

It's Movember! The time of year when men sprout handlebars, trucker 'staches, and the occasional fu manchu to raise awareness and funds for prostate cancer.
I've been wanting to make some moustache cups and shot glasses for a while now, and thought Movember would be the perfect opportunity!


You'll need:
- tall glasses and/or shot glasses (The ones I got at the Dollar Store worked great!)
- oil based paint marker 
- moustache stencils *optional (You can draw these yourself or find some on google)

I made some stencils out of regular paper and taped them to the tall glasses.  In retrospect, a thicker paper would have been better, since the paint bled and smeared a bit.



The black oil based paint Sharpie I used worked OK, but tended to come out in blobs.  Next time, I'll experiment with different paints and maybe get creative with colours.




For the shot glasses, I just free-handed some cute little 'staches.  These were a huge hit at  a cottage get-together this past weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment