Sunday, February 05, 2012

polaroid magnets.

I recently jumped on the pinterest band-wagon, and must say that I'm now obsessed.  While gushing over the countless DIY & craft ideas, I found these tiny polaroid magnets and thought they would fit in perfectly on my already magnet-overloaded fridge.  




I followed the tutorial here for the most part, but made a few small changes.
First, I uploaded photos taken from instagram to picnik, and applied the polaroid effect.    
I re-sized the photos to 2.7cm * 2.1 cm in Word, printed them on photo paper, and cut them out with a paper cutter (you could also use an x-acto knife).




Next, I glued the photos to pieces of cardboard which I had painted white (in the future I would either use cardstock, or purchase white cardboard from the craft store, since the paint didn't cover the corrugated edges very well).  




To finish off, I hot glued a piece of magnet to the back.  And Voila!  Tiny personalized magnets for all of your paper-holding needs!


  

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome!!! You should take my polaroid camera and go nuts sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Avi! That would be awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete