Sunday, January 08, 2012

easy granola.

Although I haven't lived in Guelph for almost 4 years now, part of it's hippie attitude has stuck with me.  I still wear my Birkenstocks proudly, am a vegetarian, and yes, even make my own granola.  
I've been searching for a good low-sugar granola recipe for a while now, and finally found a winner.  This recipe (slightly adapted from one my friend Dafna gave me) is super easy and delicious (and will also make your house smell amazing for hours!)

You'll need:

- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of ground sea salt
* Can also add or substitue other nuts, seeds, dried cranberries, etc.


Preheat oven to 350 F.  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then spread on a baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes, stirring a few times to avoid burning.


I sprinkled some of the granola and berries over greek yogurt for a quick and healthy breakfast. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment